Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snatch, Push Jerk, Bench Press

Snatch:
125 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1
135 x 1

Took Pat's advice from yesterday and stuck with a weight that is a challenge, but not a huge struggle to hit. 135lbs is 87% of my 1RM, and I hit it for 8 straight singles this morning! Often I'll both hit and miss 135, so it felt like a big accomplishment this morning to hit 8 in a row without a single miss. As Pat told me to do, I focused more on the feel of each movement. Some felt really smooth and strong, some felt like more of a challenge. Interesting doing these all at the same weight, so I had a consistent baseline of weight to compare each rep to.

Push Jerk
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1 - PR

Okay: So my 1RM squat clean is 210lbs. I was able to push jerk 205lbs this morning without a press on the top. But my 1RM on the full clean and jerk is 198lbs. There is no reason that I shouldn't be able to hit 205lbs for the full clean and jerk (combining my squat clean and push jerk abilities). That will be my goal this coming Monday morning; to add 7lbs to my 1RM on the clean & jerk.

Bench Press
135 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 5
200 x 4
200 x 3

6 minutes of planks (2x: 1m front, 1m left side, 1m right side)

I am still being religious about my supplements/rest/nutrition that Tony Bruno prescribed for me during my BioSignature evaluation back on 2/4. After two weeks I feel like I am making a lot of strength gains. I can't tell yet if I've lost umbilical fat (my primary goal of going to Tony Bruno) but so far I feel great. My plan is to continue with the clean nutrition, the supplements, the rest and the workouts, be patient, and hope that after 6 weeks of following this I'll see a difference when I look at myself in the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy!! Hope all is well. It looks like your training hasn't missed a beat. Good work. Let me know when you are planning on getting together with "the show" to do some extra work.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete