Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snatch and Clean & Jerk

Snatch
135 x 1
145 x 1
160lbs - Failed 12 times

My PR on the snatch is 155lbs (set last week). I REALLY wanted to hit 160lbs today, which is my bodyweight. I was close a number of times today, once even holding the bar steady overhead in a full squat snatch, but didn't stand it up. I could feel what I was doing wrong...I just wasn't aggressive enough in that third pull, and wasn't completing the second pull. I was so close to getting 160 today. I probably should have stopped after a few attempts and not gone for it 12 times, but I REALLY wanted it! I'm confident I will hit 160lbs next week.

Clean & Jerk
135 x 1
185 x 1 - no press
185 x 1 - no press
205 - pressed it out
210 - got the squat clean, couldn't jerk it

Pullup Pyramid
4x: 1x2x3x4

Played catch for 15 minutes with the 20lb Dynamex ball

2 comments:

  1. 15lbs is a huuuge jump. Why not go 135-140-145-150-155-160. YOur system is primed to anticipate both the increases in weight and how fast you will have to move to get under it. I know that seems like a lot of extra-reps...but that is only 6 (compared to 12). Looking forward to seeing you hit a BW snatch in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Pat here, Dave. 12 times? There's a point to where extra reps can be productive and positive to training and then there's a point where it's useless and/or beyond.

    While I admire your will to really want to get the BW snatch, if you fail it up to 4 times in a row (which even then is excessive) it's safe to assume that it's either not in the cards that day, or you're not there....yet.

    Besides, you know better about the large increases and what little they bring. Stay patient "young grasshopper" - it's coming. Don't force it.

    ReplyDelete