Friday, January 1, 2010

Snatch and Heaving Snatch Balances

Garth's garage, 8:30am New Year's Day - Bar was COLD in his garage!

I followed Pat's advice and had a goal of four snatches at the same weight without a miss. Garth has 135lbs in his garage gym, so that's what we used.

135x1
135x1
135x1
135 - Failed. Wasn't aggressive at all - can definitely tell the difference when I approach the bar aggressively and pretend there is 200lbs on there (a la Coach Zach's cues, thanks Zach) vs when I just walk up to the bar and try to snatch it. Need to remember to be AGGRESSIVE every time, no matter what the weight.

Started over on the snatches:

135x1
135x1
135x1
135x1

Great advice from Pat going for four without a miss. Next week I can bump it to 140 and go for four unbroken. If I can do that successfully, I can move to 145, then 150, and so on.

Heaving Snatch Balances
135x5
135x5
135x5

We then spent 10 minutes or so on muscle ups, where Garth got his FIRST MUSCLE UP! Really cool to be there to see it, it was like watching your baby walk for the first time.


Our post-workout meal was Omelet Muffins, one of my favorite easy-to-make post-workout meals. All you do is combine 5 eggs, 3 slices of cooked bacon chopped up, and 1/4 cup of cheese (optional). I greased some muffin tins with a tablespoon of butter, and cooked in the oven at 365 degrees for 20 minutes. With these quantities, you get:

58g fat
48g protein
6g carbs

A perfect high fat, moderate protein, SUPER low carb post-workout meal.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the aggression comment, or approaching the bar with the feeling..."I own this weight". That mental confidence is the most important factor to me.

    Were these "power" or "full"? Not that it matters (it does not on the platform).

    Your 30MUs for time was fast. My PR in that is like 9min. Happy New Year,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,

    Five of the seven were "full" snatches. I'm definitely excited to keep drilling these!

    Happy New Year to you too, Pat! Hopefully we can train together sometime soon.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete